Monday, February 16, 2015

An update & some options

Hi friends! Sorry it's  been such a long time since I shared house updates! We have made a lot of changes that have been small, but nothing really significant. 

I do want to share our dining room progress, and it's probably the most complete room in the house right now. Of course, this room has changed since the picture, but you will get the idea of where we are going. I hope to finish this room this week, so I'll update you once it's complete (please ignore the clutter).


First thing, we got our lovely chandelier hung! 



We were fortunate enough to have this left by the previous owners, but it was in the living room, which didn't work for us "fan loving" people. As pretty as light fixtures are, they just aren't a good choice for us...so it got moved to the dining room, which, oddly enough had a fan in it! :)





I made the curtains, but you can find the fabric via





Andrew lost his great uncle a few months back. His Uncle Powell (Pally) loved art and beautiful furniture. 

Our dining room table was one of the items we received from Powell. Other than needing some new fabric for the chairs, the table is in excellent shape. Most of the things in the dining room were from Pally's house...even the lovely lemon tree hanging on the wall. That was something that Andrew really wanted, and it actually works nicely in the room.


The bathroom on the main level is right off the dining room. Because of this, it definitely needs a functional door, which it doesn't have right now. Currently it has a bi-fold door that is very difficult to close, and doesn't really close all the way. Also, Milly has figured out how to open it on her own, so that's never a good thing.

Because the bathroom is so tiny to begin with, I hate to make it even smaller with a huge door. I am thinking about doing a barn door of sorts for it instead. Does anyone have experience with this type of door? Do you love it, hate it?




Another thing I'm pondering over is the kitchen! We haven't done much in there as of yet, but it's next on the list. Here is the inspiration photo that I have been crushing on for quite some time (yes, I found it on the Insta).



I really love the cleanliness that white cabinets bring, and the marble tile is gorgeous. Not sure that our budget would allow marble, but maybe some sort of subway tile instead.

But, after browsing pinterest (yes, I should have just stayed off), I realized I really like the look of 2 tones cabinets that are very "in" right now. If I were going to do it, I would definitely to a beige top & navy bottom, like this:



Who knows?! I'm liable to change my mind the day we start painting.

So that's where we are right now. I hope to really get busy in the kitchen this week and next! 

Best,



No comments:

Post a Comment