Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Wardrobe Wednesday: For the Love of Olive!


Anyone who has ever met me knows how much I love fall. I'm not talking about your usual "yay, pumpkin spice latte" person, although those are lovely. I am talking about a full on change in mood. I become visibly happier & more cheery. Fall is my Christmas or summer, depending on who you are.

I mean really, what's not to like? The smells: leaves, cinnamon, pumpkin bread, warm smells. The temperatures: 70's and breezy? YES PLEASE! The activities: tailgates, football, pumpkin carving, HALLOWEEN (my favorite), & my birthday. And the colors: burgundy, orange, mustard, and olive...

My mom is probably the national spokesperson for this color. It is her favorite & she wears it year round. I am not kidding, the woman has 5 tops the same color...but they are very different! :) I guess that's where I get the love of that color. I am physically drawn to it like people are drawn to black. 

Thankfully, it is a huge color this year for fall. Since not everyone feels they can wear the color, I thought it might be nice to show you some simple outfits that incorporate the color, in both large & small ways! I know, you can thank me later.
Olive Vest
Since everyone already has dark skinny jeans, I thought I'd throw in the lighter wash to mix it up a little bit. I'm loving that this wash is showing up more! This outfit is great for someone how wants to try out the color because the other pieces can be paired with SO many other things!


 olive dress
This outfit is great for my pregnant & non pregnant friends...and if you're like me, you already have several of these items in your closet! If your office doesn't allow denim, opt for a scarf instead!


Olive shoes 


So you've realized that you love as olive as much as I do & you really want to jump in? This outfit is perfect for you. These booties are definitely an investment since they aren't taupe or black, but don't think that they aren't a neutral. Imagine this same outfit with camo pants, or brown pants. Wear them with a black piko dress & festive tights. You have SO many options with these booties.


If this post doesn't get you ready for fall, I don't know what will. Come back tomorrow to hear my random thoughts for the week!

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment