Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Finally making some progress...

Moving day was Saturday, and if I do say so, I did exceptionally well...remembering how our moves have gone in the past. I am a self proclaimed "emotional hoarder". I keep stuff that I honestly don't need for fear that one day I will need it & not have it. Andrew insists that if that day comes, we can just buy another one, but I'd prefer just to store it for years and years.

I also procrastinate big time on how much stuff we actually have, so I am always unprepared for a move. Saturday everyone showed up ready to move boxes of stuff, and I still hadn't packed 50% of the house. Thankfully my parents were gracious enough to pack of the old house for us while we unloaded in the new house. 

After all day working, we needed a break. Our good friend Jennings turned 30 this weekend, so we had a little dinner party to celebrate the milestone. We got to play games, listen to Phish, drink wine, and have too much fun. Exactly what we needed after a crazy moving day. 




And of course, no real party is complete without party hats!




So, as of Sunday, we were ALL moved into our new house (thanks to our amazing movers Blake & Drew). You never really realize how much junk stuff you have...until you move. Thankfully my husband is a minimalist, so it's just me that has to downsize. One of my resolutions for the new year is to live a life that is less "cluttered", so clearing out that garage is top of the list right now.

On to decorating! The bedroom is almost complete (yay)! Being that the room is so neutral, I'm having a hard time finding drapes that I think coordinate. The rug is an ikat pattern, but still neutral tones. Any suggestions would be appreciated! (you can see a snipit of the rug in the second picture)


Find these shams from Sallie, Monograms Etc NC

Side note: Sallie, she is an amazing Etsy shop owner. She will work with you on colors, answers promptly, and is very talented. You will see our napkins that she did when I show you the dining room.


Find this Bedding via Belk, given to us from our "second parents" for our wedding!

I've also been doing some DIY projects while working on moving (I know, I am totally over-committed). Remember the door I showed you all a while back?



This door goes to our pantry, and it was a very sad, hollow wood door with no charm or character. Here she is today, in your updated glory.





Doesn't that look so much better? I still have some minor things to fix, but other than that, she's good to go! And the best part, the whole project only cost about $15. Much better than buying a new door!

In those pictures you can see we have painted the hallway and the lovely yellow wood has now been painted white. It is such an improvement! Can't wait to carry it over into the rest of the kitchen & get rid of the fruity wallpaper!

Later this week I'll share our ideas for the bathroom & kitchen!

Much love!



1 comment: