Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Woah, it's been a long time!

So I didn't really plan on taking such a long sabbatical from blogging, but it just kind of happened...and SO much has happened since then. 

When I looked back at my last blog post I realized something: I was pregnant then & didn't even know it. I guess that's the main reason I forgot to blog...I had many exciting things on my mind. Our sweet baby girl will be arriving in December & we can't wait. Like really, we want to cuddle her now. BUT, we want her healthy so she needs to stay put for a minimum of 12 weeks. Wait, 12 weeks??? I need to get to work on the nursery. 

So this blog was never really a "themed" blog. I wish it was, but it's not. I'm hoping that as I document pregnancy, life as a newlywed (b/c...oh yeah, we haven't even been married a year), and all the other changes that life brings...maybe a theme will develop. But if not, I'm hoping you'll stick around.

I know many of you loved following the blog because of house updates, and I'd love to tell you that we've gotten a lot done, but we really haven't. If you've done home renovations before, you know you reach a place where you say "No more!" even though you still have much to do. That's us. We lost our fire for reno. But with the baby coming, I'm hoping we can get the last few things off our checklist before Thanksgiving. 

What are those things you ask? Here they are...in no particular order.

1. Finish the backsplash - The materials are in, it's just taking the time to get all the crap stuff off the counter to actually do it.
2. Paint the bathroom - This is harder than just going in there & painting. For one, there's wallpaper that the 1970's is jealous of...and the room itself is TINY. Both my husband & dad are taller men, so them getting in there & painting is tough, which leaves me...and I don't really want to make my baby high, so yeah.
3. Paint the kitchen ceiling - There's a very funny story behind the ceiling that my husband and I tell VERY differently. Either way, we ended up peeling off (yes in sheets, that crumble at the slightest tough) old oil based paint to find another layer of...paint. And since we pulled down some cabinets from the ceiling, it needs a good coat of white.
4. Hang curtains - This one is SO close to be completed. Just have to find rods for the living room.

I know that is the saddest update ever, but don't you worry...I will have more soon! I promise to take LOTS of pictures & share!

Thanks for coming back!

1 comment: