Wednesday, December 8, 2010

i know you can relate...

One of my most favorite movies of all time is Father of the Bride. I love this movie for many reasons: Steve Martin (hilarious), weddings (my favorite), Diane Keaton (gloves, adore), and Franc (duh). My most favorite scene out of this movie is the one where George is sent to the store donning his way too tight tuxedo to get buns for hotdogs. He is already so frustrated that when he goes to by buns, he starts taking out the “extra” buns and only taking the ones he needs, and eventually gets arrested.
I understand his frustration in this situation. I know I know. The bun people got together with the hotdog people and said “let’s have fun with this shall we?” and from there our lives just got more and more difficult. I once sat down and figured out how many of each I would have to buy in order to get them to match up. Yes, I really did that. Luckily, it wasn’t but 3 packs of dogs and 2 packs of buns.
Last night we had hotdogs for dinner. I put all 8 hotdogs in the pot (in retrospect, yes I know, silly) and proceeded to cook the baked beans and fries. Everything was bouncing along just peachy when in walked Friend. Here’s how the convo went:
Friend- “is someone else coming to dinner?”
Me- “no why?”
Friend- “well I can only eat 2 hotdogs and I bet you only eat 1, and there are 8 in the pot”
Me- “oh well, I’ll just put them in the fridge”
Now at this point, I thought the picking on me was over. WRONG.
Friend- “wow we have a lot of buns”
Me- “that’s how they come, I can’t take out 4 buns just b/c I only have 8 hotdogs”
Friend- “well no, but they do make 8 packs of buns now, even 10 packs. But 12 is fine is guess”
Me- “I’ve never heard of such a thing. Ugh, go watch TV or something”

Ok, you all know I HATE being wrong. Did they come out with 8 pack buns and I completely missed it?!?
Of course, I want to come back with a rebuttal and tell him he’s wrong! But for some reason I feel I am probably going to be the wrong one. Darn!
We’re half way through the week! Do something nice for someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment