Thursday, August 13, 2015

24 week Bump update: Baby Girl Wheaton!

I had full intentions of writing a journal for this baby with weekly updates about how I was feeling, what size they were, etc....but that lasted about 4 weeks & then I lost my planner where I was keeping all the information. Thankfully it has been found, but I missed several weeks in between. Since you can't really lose a blog, I figured that I would start doing those updates here, mainly for my own memories, but also for any inquiring minds (if any of those exist). :)

Just a heads up, this is a long post, so grab a glass of wine (since I can't have one) before you start!

Full disclaimer on this picture. This was taken last night at about 830pm...after I'd eaten lots of carbs, so my belly might look bigger in this picture that is actually is, but I'm not a morning person...


Weeks: 23-24 (one doctor says I'm due one day & one doctor says another, who knows)

Gender: Girl!! You should see the amount of pink that has already taken over our house!

Name: First name is definitely Abigail. We are tossing some middle names around. For some reason I feel like it might be a "day of" decision

Size: As big as a cantaloupe, so anywhere from 10.5 to 12 inches long. She definitely weighs over a pound, but could weigh as much as 1.5 lbs.

Movement: She is very active! Every ultrasound we have she just runs the entire time. (Good for her because mama is no runner, unless there's a sale at Nordstrom) I have just started feeling her move, which is the coolest & weirdest thing ever. She's most active at night, but thankfully not enough to keep me awake. Andrew got to feel her kick for the first time last week.

Cravings: Honestly, I haven't had many cravings that aren't foods I normally love. I eat a lot of macaroni, lasagna/spaghetti, & popsicles. My husband teases that I have the diet of a 5 year old, which may be very true. :)

Mama thoughts & feelings: I really have felt great this pregnancy, other than the few weeks at the beginning where I was nauseous. Of course I'm tired a lot, and have a hard time rolling out the bed, but that's just part of the deal. I'm afraid I might be one of those women that loves being pregnant. We want a big family, so I'm sure I'll get tired of pregnancy eventually, but right now I'm loving it.

Some days it still hits me that we are having a baby. Everything happened so fast that I sometimes have to stop & catch my breath from life just flying past me. We can't wait to meet our baby girl and hold & cuddle her. I can't wait to see Milly with her. Her only interaction with a baby was like "ugh, why is that thing crying?", and turning her nose up. This could be interesting! :)

Most of all, I can't wait to see Andrew with her. I know that she is going to have him wrapped around her finger from day one, and I'm totally OK with that. She will definitely be the most loved little girl around. 

We have started an email account for Abigail that we will sporadically send emails to from now until she's 18, so I'll save my words to her for that place. Andrew found the idea somewhere, and I thought it was a great way to let her know how much she's loved & adored even now, and forever. Of course, she'll know it from our actions, but I want her to confirm it for her in many ways. 

Woooo, that was long. Aren't you glad you had your glass of wine?

I am no fashionista, but I know it's hard to find pregnancy attire that isn't Little House on the Prairie-esk, that isn't super expensive, and that you can wear after pregnancy. I'll be back tomorrow with a few pieces that I could not live without, where I found them, & how they fit.

Much love!















No comments:

Post a Comment