Friday, August 21, 2015

Wine for Women with Child, and other fake things

So if you can't tell from my post, I'm not actually drinking during my pregnancy. #duh. But, those that know me know how I really enjoy a good glass of wine. Forty weeks is a long time, but it's nice to know that there are options. Here is what I've found & like (enough).

First up, wine

There are 2 brands that I've found in my local Publix or on Amazon: Ariel & Fre. Of the 2, Ariel is better, but it's also more expensive. Typically I'm not a white/rose lover, but they seem to be the better fake, so you may have to try a couple to find what works for you. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find this in any restaurants. Here's what I liked the best:


 Funny story about this Cabernet. On our recent beach trip, I bought this bottle so that I could feel like part of the group. Well, since it looks like a typical bottle cover, Andrew didn't realize it was my wine. He poured a glass and said "this is not normal wine". Had to laugh at him. He wasn't there when I told everyone, "don't drink this!".



This is a pretty good White Zin. It tastes like it normally does, but is just a hint sweeter than normal. I drink it with ice since I don't care about it getting watered down, and that seems to help make it even better.

Next, beer

I have tried several of these, but I wasn't really impressed by any of them except O'Douls. Now total disclaimer, I'm not a big beer drinker anyway, so that might have something to do with it. Also, I don't drink this at home, but if we are out, most restaurants will have this or something similar.



Bubbly stuff 

Pre-baby, I really enjoyed a glass of champagne. Fre (the same brand that makes the wine above) has a pretty good mock-Brut. I have drank it by itself, but the way I liked it best was with OJ or grapefruit juice. 




So, there you go! Nothing earth shattering, but I didn't even know this stuff existed until a friend shared it with me. Since we are friends, I'm sharing with you too!

Happy weekend lovelies!

Much love!










No comments:

Post a Comment