Monday, August 24, 2015

Weekend Recap: Golf trip to Connestee Falls, plus a nursery sneak peek!

If you've ever met my husband (or looked at my instagram, @ehwheaton), you know that he loves golf. I honestly think that if he could, he'd play everyday. He might get frustrated & say it's the worst game ever on hole 14, but deep down, I know it makes him happy.

He plays in a "league" of sorts of Monday nights, and this weekend they did a road trip to Connestee Falls in Brevard, NC. Even though it was overcast & rainy for the most part of the day, the temp was amazing. When we got there it was only about 70 degrees. I cannot even explain the happy that I was experiencing. It was SO nice. 

The website says that it offers abundant wildlife and they were right. I have never seen so many deer in my life. And they were not afraid of people. We got to get pretty close to them several times.

   


The baby deer would just plop down wherever they felt like. I was scared that someone was going to hit them with a ball, but thankfully that never happened.


Also, the views were amazing. We are so lucky that we live only an hour from the mountains. Even still, it's a real treat to get to see these incredible views. I'm hoping that we can get back in the fall when all the leaves are changing & the chilly weather rolls in. I'm trying to convince Andrew that a weekend babymoon trip is definitely in order! :)


On Saturday, it was nursery transformation day. Since Abigail's room was once our dining room, it has to be completely changed. Thankfully I had picked a neutral paint color when it was originally the dining room so we didn't have to paint...but that's about the only thing that hasn't been changed. 


We are SO close to being done with this room. There's a few finishing touches that I hope to get done in the next few weeks, so be on the lookout for the full reveal very soon.

Other than that, we just did lots of resting, Milly's favorite activity.


Here's to a stellar week lovelies!

Much love!



No comments:

Post a Comment