Thursday, August 27, 2015

26 Week Bump Update!

We are definitely on the downward slope of this pregnancy. It's kind of crazy to think that we could legitimately have a baby in 10 weeks. We are just SO excited. I know people say they are, but it's just SO true. I swear this is how Andrew feels:



True statement.

Jeans ~ Shoes ~ Necklace
Weeks: 26 

Gender: Girl!! The pink keeps piling up, especially with the nursery taking shape.

Name: Abigail something. 

Size: As big as a head of lettuce (which seems small to me...I guess maybe my grocery store is just not supplying the good stuff). She's 1.5-2.5 lbs and 13.6-14.8 inches long. 

Movement: Still active! At our last appointment her heart rate was faster than it had ever been, 152. Glad it's variable! They have been doing heavy construction near my office & let me tell you, she is NOT a fan. It's almost instant...when they start drilling & jack hammering, she starts kicking. The minute they stop, she stops. Guessing she is going to like a more calm environment. 

Cravings: The last 2 weeks it's been egg salad sandwiches. I've probably had 20, no joke. Still loving popsicles and have rekindled my affair with the Skittles in the purple bag.

Mama thoughts & feelings: I am still feeling great. Such a blessing to feel so good during pregnancy. I am starting to get uncomfortable at the end of the day from sitting so long, but that's probably expected. We probably all should get up & move more often. 

Now that her nursery is almost complete, it feels even more real. I walk through that room several times during the day & every time by heart just skips a beat. 

This week I am just especially grateful that God has given me this precious soul to love & take care of here on earth. I see so many women around me who are struggling with infertility, loss, and grief. I want to wrap my arms around each one of them & let them know that I am praying fervently for them. I prayed before, but of course, I pray even more now. God please grant them their wish. 

Ok, drying my eyes now. The jeans I'm wearing above are a great maternity flare jean for fall. Since that trend is coming back (YAY), I figured we probably all could stand a good pair!

So excited that it's almost the weekend!

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment