Friday, August 14, 2015

Maternity Style: Pieces I can't live without

I remember when my mom was pregnant with my sister (hi mom!) and there just weren't many stylish maternity clothes. Mom had a few cute sets, but because of the limited options, she had to wear the same outfits over & over again...I vividly remember a red & purple pants set (shudder) that she wore all.the.time. Pretty sure she arrived at the hospital to give birth in one of them.

Thankfully, designers got smart & realized that there are a lot of us that realistically just want to continue our normal style into pregnancy. They got too smart, honestly, and came out with such cute stuff, but charge some crazy prices for it. So it's a catch...stylish clothes or an empty wallet. Well I'm here to tell you, you can have both!!! I feel like Oprah when I say that, "you get cute maternity clothes, you get cute maternity clothes!".

Now, this is what has worked for me. These things might not work for you, but hopefully they will.

First thing you need, a good black dress. I have one that's solid black & is not maternity, and then one that has a design & is maternity. Unfortunately, the one pictured below is sold out online, but they have another good stripe one. 

One word of advice on Target Liz Lange maternity. Never buy something that the material description is 1x1 ribbed. It stretches SO bad & just looks frumpy. You want jersey. It keeps shape all day. 


The wedges I have on are the some of the most comfortable shoes I own right now. I love them so much that I bought them in both colors. Now if you click the link you'll think I need my head examined b/c they are expensive, but never fear (mom), they came from ebay and were like less than half the price. The necklace is one I have on constant rotation. It is a Stella & Dot, but there is a great knock-off.

We recently got back from a wonderful trip to Florida with Andrew's family, which means I didn't have to get out of my bathing suit but a couple of times. On our last night, we went to dinner & I wore a fun and very comfy Boden tunic/dress that I definitely recommend. It's not maternity, but I'll wear it now & then next summer when I'm not pregnant. I ordered the petite, but I probably should have done the regular. And the best part, it's on SALE!


Some other staples that I have that I can't live without are white jeans (order one size up), maternity tanks (order your normal size), stretchy dresses (the one listed below is not maternity, & ya'll I'm not kidding when I say I have it in 4 colors; for maternity order one size up), and comfy shoes. I have listed the ones that I recommend below. I have several colors in all of these items so I can attest to them many times over.







I know this was long, but hopefully it helped someone out there that is strugglin' like I was at the beginning. You have to be willing to do some research & read reviews...but thankfully, I did all of that for you! :)

See you next week! Much love!





No comments:

Post a Comment