Monday, November 1, 2010

It’s Monday…so it’s ok for me to be ill.

I know, bad attitude Elizabeth. But today, it has been one of those days for me.

I work up this morning late. Reason being, I had “rolled” over on my phone and turned it off in the middle of the night. Great. So I woke up at 6:55. I have to be at work at 7. Yippee great. So I started off badly.

Finally got dressed, got my coke, and as I’m walking out of the kitchen I hear a splashing sound. I like splashing in puddles, but not in my kitchen floor. Now I know my kitchen so when going to the fridge I never turn on the light. So I walked and turn the light on and my kitchen is under water. I’m talking gallons and gallons, and all the way out into my carpet. My new carpet. So I’m trying to clean up all this water and I don’t even have enough towels. I’m scooting water across the floor and laughing at the irony of what I was doing. There was so much water I couldn’t even figure out where it was coming from. So I get the majority of the water up and get the towel hung up and report my leakage, and get out the door.

Then it’s on to Peachtree Industrial or as I refer to it, the Devils Highway. OMG. Speed limit if 45, people go 30. Really people?! WTW!!! I wanted to go all Kathy Bates in Fried Green Tomatoes on the people in front of me. But I can hardly afford my insurance premium now, so adding an anger accident probably wouldn’t help me very much.

I balance my checkbook every morning and realized I missed a check. It was only a $20 check, but I HATE when I miss something. Hate it. It frustrates me. Ugh.

It’s also a payroll Monday. And no one considers me getting the payroll done a priority. They would if they didn’t get a check I betcha. I should try that.

But the afternoon get better. I got all my mail open, all my checks written, all my filing done, and get an unexpected surprise. So yeah, it totally made up for all the things that were crappy. God has it under control. He’s looking out for me I tell ya!

Yay for Magnificent Monday! Do something nice for someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment