Tuesday, November 30, 2010

There are those days when…

I know it’s going to be a difficult day.

I can get away just ONE MORE DAY without washing my hair b/c duh, it’s still raining.

I smile at people and they don’t smile back, and I want to smack them.

I say something nice to someone, and genuinely mean it, and they give me a smirk w/sarcastic words.

All I want to do is cry b/c I’m so overwhelmed and everyone wants “just a minute of my time” but all those minutes add up to hours, and who has hours???

I want to chunk my phone across the room in an effort to relieve the frustration it is causing me.

I wish my phone and computer never existed.

I feel so huge that I know my jeans must be mad at me. They all cower in the back of the closet screaming “please don’t pick me!!!!!”.

I don’t make my bed, and regret it when I come home.

I wonder what the heck I’m doing with my life.

I have more dirty dishes in the sink than clean ones in the cabinet.

I have only enough money to make it to my next check.

I miss my sister so much it hurts.

I miss my whole family so much it hurts.


But then there are days when…

My brother sends me random texts and they make me smile.

I get the most awesomest Chrimmuh tree ever, accompanied by sparkly snowflakes.

I realize I do still a can of Campbell’s Chicken Noodle soup in my cabinet for the rainy day.

My best friend emails me just to say hello, and I realize how thankful I am that God blessed me with her!

I get to help my sister with math homework.

The sparkly shoes I’ve been wanting for months go on sale.

I get to visit with people less fortunate than me, and I realize just how good I have it.

I wake up, and realize that everyone I love in my life is alive and well, and knowing that, well that’s enough to make up for all those days when things don’t go my way.

Do something nice for someone today!

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment