Friday, October 15, 2010

Because that's what I did in college...

So this weekend is homecoming and I am SOOO excited! It’s not like I haven’t been to PC 3 times this semester, but still. There’s something about homecoming that’s just different because ALL your friends are there. I remember as a freshmen I hated it because I kept thinking, “who are all these people that I don’t know?” and wondering where all my friends were.

But now, now I’m one of those people. And it’s exciting! I love being a big girl, most days. But I’m excited about not having to be an adult with responsibilities, even if it’s just for 24 hours.

I want to sing/scream “I gotta feeling” at the top of my lungs in the bathroom at ѲX with WAY too many people in there. Why you ask? Because that’s what I did in college, and I remember being completely happy.

I want to get a ride from public safety at the end of the night, because that’s what I did in college.

I want to dance with my girlfriends to random Justin Beiber and Lil Weezy songs, because that’s what I did in college.

I want to eat at El Jal (or hell, however you personally spell it) and drink an overpriced drink, because that’s what I did in college.

I want to wear a dress with cowboy boots to the football game, because that’s what I did in college.

I want to wake up Saturday morning and NEED a coke from sonic, and go get one in my p.j.’s, because that’s what I did in college.

I want to sit in a booth at Waffle House at 3 a.m., order hash browns, and scrambled eggs, both covered, because that’s what I did in college.

I want to stand on the fireplace and sing “Meet Virginia” and NOT cry (see me and Lamb, last week of school) this time, because that’s what I did in college.

I want to stay up all night, sing until in hoarse, laugh until I cry, dance until my feet hurt, eat until I’m sick, and spend time with my favorite people, because that’s what I did in college, and college was the BEST time of my life…

Yay for fantastic friday! Do something nice for someone!

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment