Monday, October 18, 2010

First Homecoming as an Alumni!!!

So this past weekend was homecoming and it was a blast! It’s so different being on the other side. I had experienced homecoming before, but it was always as a student. This time was different. I was the in the group of “older people” that all the freshmen looked at because they had no clue who we were, even though we’d only been gone 5 short months!

It was so nice getting to see all the familiar faces, watch my “sisters” be crowned homecoming queen (YAY CHAPMAN!!!), KA Rose (YAY CAROL!!!), and OX Sweetheart (YAY ERIKA!!!) and eating way too much Sonic.

But the best part of the entire weekend for me was standing around the kitchen counter at the house with the best friends a girl could ever ask for. We chatted about life, and where it had taken us since graduation. We laughed at people who broke up, who they now were dating, and the irony of their new relationships. We watched Facebook videos of each other being caught in a fib (see Maggs and her intermediate level skiing). We ate food from every fast food establishment in Clinton. We brought out drinks from beach week and reminisced about that week and some of the inappropriate things we did and said (see Bridget yelling from the backseat of Ginger…bahahaha). We talked about how much we missed Scarms, and the times we had out there, and how much we wish we could still live out there. We shared our heartbreaks, and talked about ways to deal with them. We talked about our parents, and the silly things they do.

Most of all, we just enjoyed being together. I stood back at one point and just thought about how truly lucky I am to have such magnificent people in my life. 



To Lamb, Maggs, Bridge, Gabby, Mell, Tarmy…
I love you all so much and God truly blessed me by allowing me to be friends with you. I couldn’t be more thankful. Girls weekend soon!!!!

Yay for Magnificent Monday! Do something nice for someone.

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment