Thursday, October 21, 2010

I’m losing my patience Fall…

You’ve all heard my rant about my adoration of fall, and all the things that come with it, but yall? I’m upset with fall right now.

Don’t get me wrong, we have had gorgeous weather in “big girl” city here lately, and I am quite appreciative. BUT! I hate this wishy-washy attitude Fall has. Who does she think she is anyway?! It’s 50ish when I leave in the morning, 80ish when I get off, and back down to 60ish after dinner time.

Now I know you’re asking yourself, “what is wrong with this situation? It seems optimal to me!”. Well the problem with this situation is that I have no clue what to wear!!!

I get up every morning, open my window (because I have no thermometer, so that’s how I tell the temp outside), and then decide what to wear. So since it’s chilly every morning, I wear chilly weather clothes. But then I get off work, and I’m burning up. And I’m currently going through this coughy-hack up my lounges thing, and when I get hot (like at the end of the day when I get in my black interiored car), I start dying. People beside me at lights look at me funny because I’m coughing so hard. And then my throat hurts, and I have a headache. And it’s all Fall’s fault. Get it together Fall!

But on a completely different note, I learned a “praying trick” this Sunday at church, and I wanted to teach all of you. It’s so easy a small child could do it (or a caveman, if you’re a Geico fanatic).

Here goes, and all you need it your hand!

The thumb: it is the closest to your heart so it reminds you to pray for the people you love.

The pointer: reminds you to pray for the people who “point” you in the right direction (your boss, your teachers, etc.)

The middle finger: (and no, it’s not to remind you to pray for the people you want to flip off, although that may work too) Since it’s the tallest finger, it reminds you to pray for those who are in power (the president, senate, house, etc etc)
*they need the most prayer I think! Hehe

The ring finger: it is the weakest finger, so it reminds you to pray for those who are sick, weak, and hurting

The pinky: it is the smallest, so it reminds you to pray for the kiddies, because they are the future! Is there a song about that?!?


Yay for Terrific Thursday (thanks for the reminder mom!)! Do something nice for someone!

Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment