Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Issues, I haz them

No, not those kind of issues, though I feel many of you could very easily point out some of them. I digress. I have issues with bad weather. I HATE IT! I don’t mind rain. I could live in Seattle that’s how much I don’t mind rain (of course my picking that city has nothing to do with my love for Grey’s. None whatsoever). But I just don’t like thunderstorms. I run and hide in a closet, or cry, or sit in the bathtub, or something absurd like that b/c I am so terrified.

And friends? It has stormed here for 3 days straight. And I’m not talking about a clap of thunder and flash of lightning either. I am talking desk rumbling, walks shaking, electricity exiting, trees bowing kinda storms.

Normally I love my office with a view. But since Monday, I’ve been scared biggies time. I watch the tree for a hint of sway. I listen to the radio intently for changing in predicted weather and hear tornado watches go to warning. Side note, does that not seem back*sswards to you? If someone has seen one shouldn’t it be a watch??? I mean duh. I dontz get it.

So…I’m freaking out. Like, should I start building an ark? It took Noah like 200 years or something like that to build his but he started before the rain. Did I miss the memo to get started on that thing??? Currently outside my window, rain is literally going sideways! SCARY!

And on top of the fact that I hate thunderstorms, the second a drop of rain hits the earth, I swear drivers start going all over the road, and are screaming in their cars “the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!” and then before you know it you’ve been in traffic 45 minutes all because some big dummy in front of you can’t hold it together under water pressure.

But I am comforted by the fact that after the storm there will probably be a rainbow, and I love rainbows, so that’s a plus.

Yay for Wet Wednesday! Do something nice for someone!

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment